- What Personal Information About Customers Does Petail Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Petail Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Petail?
- Conditions of Use, Complaints, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
1.What Personal Information About Customers Does Petail Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services, for marketing communications, to update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, customer reviews and to recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our services, store, websites and applications, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our sites or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your browser accesses sites or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Danta Pets on other websites
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mails from Petail if your device supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
2. What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as purchasing, copy and paste sharing, product recommendations, personalized advertisements on other websites and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
3. Does Petail Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Marketing Communications: Sometimes and with the required consent we send communications to selected groups of Petail customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. You can manage the types of communications you receive, and opt out of certain communications, by adjusting your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Petail or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Petail and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Petail, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
4. How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your device. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared device.
5. What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our sites may include third-party advertising and links to other websites.
6. Which Information Can I Access?
Petail gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Petail for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
7. What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such our features as Your Profile and Customer Reviews.
You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Which Information Can I Access? section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
You can manage the types of communications you receive from us, and opt out of certain communications, by adjusting your Customer Communication Preferences. You consent to receiving communications in accordance with these preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Petail application, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
8. Are Children Allowed to Use Petail?
Petail does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Petail only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
9. Complaints,Contact Information and Changes
If you have any concern or complaint about privacy at Petail, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change. Please check our applications frequently to see recent changes of privacy notices and conditions. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Related Practices and Information including, Conditions of Use
10. Examples of Information Collected
- Information You Give Us
- Automatic Information
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the web search features; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain services to some customers.
- Co-branded and Joint Offerings
We may from time to time offer joint or co-branded products, offerings and services in conjunction with third party businesses.
- Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Petail include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, transfer code, password, communications preferences, address book); payment settings (including credit card information and promotional certificate and gift card balances); Communication Preferences; Recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations); and Your Account (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, and Your Profile).